Sunday, June 7, 2009

Was that all ???

With not much hopes, I entered the auditorium. Tried my level best to make myself comfortable in the crowd of all ladies, oops girls at that time! :-| Yeah, it was "The Orientation Day" !!! I still can not understand why they call it by that name :-\ . Hell!!! How will I spend 4 years here??? But there was no escape to that. Could not even complain to anyone, after all they all must be thinking the same. Anyways, I expected them to serve us good snacks that day, least that I could expect but I was disappointed again. :-(

Ohk, finally our Chairman's lecture got over which I thought no one bothered to listen but yeah I clapped for sure. But I was wrong. It was not over yet. :-\ Everyone sitting near by stared me as if they were taking notes of his lecture and I disturbed them. Then proudly he started describing the college's infrastructure, and again all I wanted was a chilled Fanta. Things worsened when we were taken to show the college's library , workshop etc etc. After spending such a beautiful time in Hindu's library :-P , visiting this college's library was like an insult to what I had the impression of a library earlier. No reserved section??? :-o I thought all colleges have it.


Anyways, I had to move on. Then we were taken to a seminar hall , which was nothing but a classroom having a projector , a screen and space enough to accommodate 60*3 girls (at least it seemed so at the first look). Then started the speech of our Principal. She introduced all teachers after enough appreciation of ex-students and faculty. Only hope at that time was to have at least some descent and tolerable lecturers unlike Hindu :-P . And I was not disappointed this time ;-). I never fell for any teacher , not this time too but we poor girls wanted to discuss something, so let it be this way only :-\ .


Now I was upgraded from a mechanical student to a Computer Science student. Felt very proud at that time, can't feel the same presently though. Anyways, so I was quite happy. :-) Used to crack wackiest jokes all the time. Hello??? Surprisingly I started enjoying here. :-D Never thought that being in a girls' college can be this much fun also. Felt like the princess of my own world. So very fun loving friends , not those gossip type behenjis. Well everything was just perfect at that time. Then with time, our group reached the count of 16 members but by that time , I was no more an entertainer. Somehow missed my close friends in that huge group. And I started losing interest in college also. Attendance was not a big deal until and unless you want 5/5 in the internal assessment and I really never bothered about them, so I found my home more peaceful and educating :-P than any other place. My absence from classes was interpreted as the result of my even more important studies that I was doing at home. Well, I have been misinterpreted most of the times , so no worries about that. 8-)

Besides all this, we went on a trip to South India. It was a memorable trip, for various reasons of course :-P. Wonder la was great. :-D Hmm... let s not get into other not much pleasant incidents ( look, I am not saying the unpleasant ones :-P ) .

All my friends outside college used to feel pity for me for studying in a girls' college and I always kept on reminding them that there are a number of guys of other courses in our campus but seriously, I never bothered to have a look around. Reason??? I was just concerned about my task of that day in college and return back home as soon as possible always. I had visited and enjoyed so many fests by that time that I didn't have any more patience left to tolerate my own college's fest until and unless I was coordinating some event. :-| Obviously, I was not at all interested in the fash p s where people wore all such unwearable clothes , intolerable attitude and oily bodies... yukk!!! And dancing in the sun on stupid tracks was not my type of fun :-P. But yeah, I loved it when we rocked the floor one winter evening during Mecca, sweating like hell and still, there was no stopping to us. :-D Also, in both the freshers' parties etc etc... :-D

So, if you forgot that, then it s your fault, not that I never enjoyed or I don't know what enjoyment is!!! Our definitions of enjoyment may also differ!!!

Now Farewell party is also over and I wont say much about it except that we got some very good pics that day and had a samosa, sandwich and laddu with a glass of Fanta. It s not that that I wont miss my college but somehow, I am feeling that it is not over yet. I ll be going to attend one or two classes in the next semester as well like I did in the last semester :-P.
When and what is going to happen that ll really make me realize that it has "actually got over"?
Not even the constant taunts of everyone about "what am I doing now" working at all!!! :-|
Can someone get me a good job??? :-P
That can help for sure. :-|

1 comment:

  1. you must have done the technical atyachar on yourself shalini..why did you ever switched your trade :-|.. surely missed the temperature of boiling furnace and the rotation of crank shaft.. but nywayz.. did right thing through

    ReplyDelete